Code of Conduct
Revised July 19th, 2019
The goal of Lady Bandits Fastpitch is to provide an opportunity for young women to play competitive softball in an atmosphere that encourages and promotes teamwork, friendly competition, amicable relationships, and good sportsmanship. The organization expects players, parents, and coaches to exhibit exemplary behavior at all times.
Player's Code of Conduct
The coaching staff will hold every athlete to a high standard and will expect all team members to conduct themselves in a responsible manner. Failure to abide by the code of conduct can result in game suspension.
- Treat each practice like a game. Practice is the time to learn and improve. We will not coach poor attitudes. Be willing to try new positions or new techniques for the betterment of the team.
- Listen and learn from the coaches, with a good attitude. Understand coaches are there to make each player better.
- Accept your role on the team. If unsatisfied with role or position, work harder to change it. Playing time is earned in practice and on the field.
- Treat coaches, other players, officials, and fans with respect. There is a Zero Tolerance policy for disrespect and unsportsmanlike conduct to include, but not limited to, bullying, obscene language, obscene gestures, physical threats, or physical contact.
- Lead by example. Always support and include your teammates on and off the field. Encourage your parents to be involved with the team.
Parent Code of Conduct
Parents play a huge role in the development of a successful softball player. Your role is every bit as important as that of the coaches and is welcome at every practice and every game.
- Ensure your daughter is on time to all team activities. Maintain prompt communication with the coaching staff if your daughter is unable to attend or will be late to an event.
- Reach out to coaches directly through the team mom with problems or concerns. Complaining to other parents or your daughter cannot solve your problems and can destroy trust in the team. Likewise, the coaches cannot solve problems of which they are unaware.
- Any questions or concerns shall not be addressed with a coach during a game or practice. Address the questions or concerns in an adult atmosphere, separate from the players.
- Conduct yourself maturely and ethically AT ALL TIMES. Actions that threaten the unity of the team, the integrity of the organization, or any player relationships with the team, coaches, volunteers or other players WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Your daughter my lose the opportunity to participate in team activities indefinitely, without warning, as a result of inappropriate parent, family or invitee conduct.
- Be responsible for your invitees. This includes family members (immediate and extended), friends, neighbors or anyone who accompanies you and/or your daughter to a team activity. They are considered by Lady Bandits, game officials, tournament sanctioning bodies and facility directors as an extension of the player/family, and are expected to adhere to the same codes of conduct as are YOU. It is your responsibility to extend these rules to them before their arrival at a team activity, and your player is subject to the same disciplinary action as if it was themselves behaving inappropriately.
- Treat all umpires, officials, sanctioning bodies, field directors, coaches (of ANY team), volunteers and players with respect AT ALL TIMES. If you disagree with a call or decision, do so quietly. Arguing with or agitating an umpire WILL be met with disciplinary action.
- Use this season to be your daughter’s number one fan; not her coach. Allow the coaches to do their job and do not coach from the sidelines. Be the example you wish your daughter to follow.
Coach's Code of Conduct
Coaches are not exempt from the high standard of behavior expected for the Lady Bandits and as such will be held accountable to that standard.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude, good sportsmanship, and even temperament.
- Encounter any disagreement, suggestion, or confrontation with an umpire, parent, or player with the utmost respect. Remember you represent the Lady Bandits in every situation.
- Motivate the players with compassion and respect. Invest into each player’s ability equally. Give each player the passion they deserve from you.
- Be willing and mindful to modify any instructions, or drills to meet the needs and interests of each player. Be aware and respectful of each player’s individual skill level. Teach in a simple to complex manner.
- Personally maintain and enforce the Zero Tolerance policy for disrespect and unsportsmanlike conduct to include, but not limited to, bullying, obscene language, obscene gestures, physical threats, or physical contact.